Ready or not, April 15th is coming! With a little advance planning, you can breeze through tax season and breathe easy. Here are some tips to help the process go smoothly:
1. Get organized. Gather all your relevant paperwork from 2014, including W-2’s, receipts for deductible expenses, and medical bills. If these papers are scattered all over the place, you might want to start a filing system for 2015!
2. Get your IRA funded. Remember, you have until April 15th to fund your 2014 IRA. Banks and Credit Union offers safe, secure Traditional, Roth and Coverdell (Education) Accounts.
3. Get some help if necessary. A professional tax preparer can help make sure your return is accurate, and you’re getting all the deductions you’re entitled to.
4. Get a tax loan from all of your credit unions, banks, and other sources for 1099 income. Uncle Sam doesn’t like to wait for his money, so see us for a low-cost loan if you need to.
5. Get your refund by Direct Deposit! Just complete the Direct Deposit line on your tax form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ, and include your routing number: . You’ll get your refund up to 3 weeks sooner!
Stay tuned to AlcaneFCU.org for all of your lending and consumer financial tips for 2015, we are working hard to help you save money this year!!